$nbsp;

X

News

The musk deer and its plight

Musk Deer

On my recent trek through the alpine regions high above Thimphu and Paro, I came across this lovely female musk deer, and i have managed to capture a few shots before it disappeared into the thicket of rhododendrons.
 
Read more

Yonphu La domestic airport

According to the Department of Air Transport, Yonphu La domestic airport in Trashigang in Eastern Bhutan is expected to reopen next month, after being closed for almost four years.

Nearly 45 percent of the second layer of blacktopping has also been completed. Airport manager, Tshueltrim Drakpa, said that the remaining 55 percent of the...

Read more
The National Flower of Bhutan, Meconopsis gakyidiana

Meconopsis gakyidiana

The National Flower of Bhutan, Meconopsis gakyidiana which was earlier  known as Meconopsis grandis subsp. orientalis or blue poppy has been now discovered as new species to science. 

The national flower has been renamed as Meconopsis gakyidiana from Meconopsis grandis before. The blue poppy now...

Read more
Sighting of Godlewski’s bunting
Bhutan now has 719 birds with the recent sighting of the Godlewski’s bunting. Last February, the Yellow-eyed babbler was sighted and recorded in the Royal Manas National Park, and now Godlewski’s bunting was sighted near Tharpaling monastery, the second new bird species to be recorded this year. As per the International Union for Conservation of Nature,...
Read more
New bird sighting

With the new bird sighting Bhutan's avian count gets to 718. A Yellow-eyed babbler (Chrysomma sinense) was sighted recently in the Royal Manas National Park.

The Yellow-eyed babbler is found in open grassland and shrubs in South Asia. The passerine bird, which was spotted by RMNP research section forest ranger, Dorji Wangchuk in January 2016 has been confirmed...

Read more
Yonphula Airport

According to the DAT (Department of Air Transport), domestic airport at Yonphula in Kanglung, Trashigang, will be completed by next month. Provided, if the Druk Air choses to operate, the airport is expected to be operational from May, said DAT director.

The airport was supposed to be completed by this month and operational...

Read more